If your property has revenue sources separate from accommodation that take payments from outside Mews (for example, if you have a bar or restaurant that takes direct payments), you can connect it with both Commander and your point of sale integration by setting up outlets.
Before you set up an outlet, you should:
- Connect with a point of sale integration
- Create a service for each of your outlets
- Create an accounting category for each of your outlets
Outlets track external revenue, which means that you can't use Commander to track revenue from your outlets without external software (usually a point of sale integration).
Create an outlet
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Property.
- Click on Outlets.
- Click the
- Enter the name of the outlet.
Create.You should repeat this step for every cost center in your property (for example, one outlet for your bar and one for your restaurant).
Connect an outlet to your point-of-sale integration
Before you can track outlet revenue in Commander, you need to make sure you've connected your outlets to a service and an accounting category.
The process of connecting your outlets to services and accounting categories will differ depending on which point of sale system you're using, but you may need to find mapping IDs.
Learn how to find an OutletID
- Go to Main menu > Property.
- Click on Outlets.
- Click on the name of the outlet you want to find the ID for.
- The "OutletID" is the long code at the end of the URL of this page (everything after the last " / ").
Learn how to find a ServiceID
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Services.
- Click on the name of the service you want to find the ID for.
- The "ServiceID" is the long code at the end of the URL of this page (everything after the last " / ").
Check your outlet revenue
- Go to Main menu > Finance > Accounting report.
- The revenue from your outlets will be listed in two places:Revenue that was put on a guest bill will be listed in the Revenue section. Revenue from payments that were taken at the cost center (eg. the bar) will be listed in the Outlets section.
If you take money through your outlets but the Outlets section of the Accounting Report shows nothing, you need to make sure your outlets are mapped to accounting categories (if you don't do this, it'll be difficult to tell where revenue has come from).