Create an employee profile
1. Go to Main menu > Settings > Employees.
2. Click the
3. Enter the new employee's email address.
4. Choose their superior employee.
This is the person they directly report to.
The available workplace privileges the employee can be granted depends on which privileges their superior has. If their superior does not have a particular privilege, it won't be listed here.
5. Choose their department.
You need to create a department before you can assign employees to it.)
4. Select Admin if you want to enable all privileges.
Admin users can also make changes to the editable history window, so we recommend that it's only used for high-level employees.
5. Select Receive customer messages to let the employee read and reply to customer messages.
Once enabled, they'll see new messages, but not messages sent before the option was enabled.
6. If the employee isn't an admin, select the privileges they should have under Workplace privileges. Learn more about what workplace privileges allow your employees to access.
7. Under Mews University learning paths, select the learning path(s) that most closely correspond with the employee's role at your enterprise.
Anyone who performs financial operations and/or works daily with financial reports.
Receptionists, front office supervisors, and managers.
Anyone who performs housekeeping or maintenance.
Senior management or employees involved in setting up the PMS.
Anyone who sets up rates and restrictions; works with relevant reports; or performs other revenue management duties.
After their Mews profile is created, their Mews University account will be created automatically. For information about how the employee can gain access to their account, read our guide.
8. If the employee will handle money, select the Cashiers they'll be assigned to.
You need to create a cashier before you can assign employees to it.
The new employee will receive an email instructing them how to finish setting up their account.
Only profile owners (the employees themselves) can update their own first and last names.
Delete an employee profile
Employees can sign in to Commander when they are not physically at the property, so it is important to delete an employee’s profile as soon as they leave their position.
Only superior employees can delete an employee profile.
Go to Main menu > Settings > Employees.
Click on the employee profile you want to delete.
Click the Trash icon.
Confirm by clicking
Note: If you delete an employee that manages a team, members of their team will be automatically reassigned to the deleted employee's direct superior.
Create an employee profile in the Demo environment
Log in to your Demo environment here, and follow the steps described above in the section "Create an employee profile".
Your colleague will not receive an email, but they can directly log in to their account using a password: Sample123.