Create an employee profile
1. Go to Main menu > Settings > Employees.
2. Click the
3. Enter the new employee's email address.
4. Choose their superior employee.
- This is the person they directly report to.
- The available workplace privileges the employee can be granted depends on which privileges their superior has. If their superior does not have a particular privilege, it won't be listed here.
5. Choose their department.
- You need to create a department before you can assign employees to it.)
4. Select Admin if you want to enable all privileges.
- Admin users can also make changes to the editable history window, so we recommend that it's only used for high-level employees.
5. Select Receive customer messages to let the employee read and reply to customer messages.
- Once enabled, they'll see new messages, but not messages sent before the option was enabled.
6. If the employee isn't an admin, select the privileges they should have under Workplace privileges.
Access sensitive reports
Change spaces to out of order
Change a space's status to Out of Order. To change a space to any other status, the employee needs the Perform housekeeping privilege.
Charge cards online
Charge cards via payment gateway.
Configure products and services
Create and manage products and services, and also make availability adjustments.
Create and manage companies
Create and manage company profiles.
Create and manage customers
Create and manage customer profiles. If an employee doesn't have this privilege, they won't be able to view any customer data.
Note: This privilege is required to view the search bar and the Timeline.
Create and manage employees
Create employee profiles and assign workplace privileges.
Create and manage reservations
Create reservations in Commander and modify reservation details.
Note: To check guests in and out, employees need this privilege and either Manage spaces or Perform housekeeping.
Create and manage travel agency contracts
Create and manage travel agency profiles.
Close a bill without payment by issuing an invoice.
Manage property settings
Access and change property settings.
Create a reservation for a space category that's already fully booked.
Update a space or change its status.
Note: Employees can't create or delete spaces with this privilege. If an employee needs to create or delete spaces, they need the Configure enterprise privilege.
Turn invoicing on or off for profiles
Choose whether customers or companies can be invoiced, from within their profiles.
7. Under Mews University learning paths, select the learning path(s) that most closely correspond with the employee's role at your enterprise.
Anyone who performs financial operations and/or works daily with financial reports.
Receptionists, front office supervisors, and managers.
Anyone who performs housekeeping or maintenance.
Senior management or employees involved in setting up the PMS.
Anyone who sets up rates and restrictions; works with relevant reports; or performs other revenue management duties.
- After their Mews profile is created, their Mews University account will be created automatically. For information about how the employee can gain access to their account, read our guide.
8. If the employee will handle money, select the Cashiers they'll be assigned to.
- You need to create a cashier before you can assign employees to it.
- The new employee will receive an email instructing them how to finish setting up their account.
- Only profile owners (the employees themselves) can update their own first and last names.
Delete an employee profile
Employees can sign in to Commander when they are not physically at the property, so it is important to delete an employee’s profile as soon as they leave their position.
Only superior employees can delete an employee profile.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Employees.
- Click on the employee profile you want to delete.
- Click the Trash icon.
- Confirm by clicking
If you delete an employee that manages a team, members of their team will be automatically reassigned to the deleted employee's direct superior.