If you want to learn more about Mews Terminals, how to use them, what are the basic functions, and what each button means, this is the right place 🤓
You'll need the Admin menu on the terminal for various tasks. To open the Admin menu, follow the below steps:
- Select 9 and then the Confirm key.
- Enter the Admin PIN code and select the Confirm key.
Configure network settings
Update the terminal software
Update, view, or remove the configuration.
Get an overview of transactions stored on the terminal
Restart/Turn off the terminal
View and print transaction totals
If you turn on the payment terminal for the first time or after it was off for a long time, it may make a maintenance call to synchronize the configuration and update the software. This can take 10 to 20 minutes.
When connected to a power supply, the battery charges. An icon at the top of the display indicates the battery charge level.
Turn on the terminal:
- Connect the terminal to a power supply
- Press and hold the Confirm key until the display turns on. Note that the battery charge level needs to be high enough.
During start, the display turns on and off a few times.
Turn off the terminal:
- Press and hold the Cancel key until (after 5-20 seconds) the display turns off
- Go to the Admin menu and select Power off.
How to connect Mews Terminals?
View, print, and reset totals
The terminal can generate a Totals report. This gives an overview of the total amounts for charges, refunds, gratuities (tips), and cancellations that the terminal processed since the last reset. By resetting the report, you can use this functionality to get day totals or shift totals.
To obtain the Totals report:
- Go to the Admin menu.
- Select Totals.
- Select an action: View: This shows the Totals report for the period shown at the top of the report. Print > Yes: Prints the Totals report.
(Optional) To reset the counter after printing the (day or shift) totals, select Yes at the Reset totals? prompt. Reset > Yes: Starts a new reporting period. The totals from the previous period are no longer shown.
Reprint transaction receipt
To print another copy of the shopper or merchant receipt for a specific transaction:
- Go to the Admin menu.
- Select Transactions.
- Select the transaction that you want to reprint a receipt for.
- Select Receipts and then the receipt you want to print: Shopper receipt or Merchant receipt.
- Select Print.
- Select Cancel to go back to the point where you can select and print the other receipt, or select Cancel repeatedly until the Admin menu closes.
If you are having any issues with the terminals, see below.