Import a blank rooming list from any group reservation, then send it to guests and import it back into Commander so you can:
- Import guest info straight into customer profiles.
- Automatically apply guests' rooming preferences.
Step 1: Download the template
- Find a group reservation (either by searching, or clicking it in the timeline).
- Go to the Group tab.
- In the Rooming list section, click Download. A download will start—it's an Excel file that is prefilled with the details of the reservation owner.
Note: Make sure you don't make any changes to the reservation between downloading the template and importing it back into Mews.
Step 2: Fill in the template
Next, you should send the template to someone from the group reservation. When it's sent back to you, make sure it's completed according to the specifications:
- Don't edit anything in columns A-F; these are prefilled.
- Each row contains one guest's details.
- If the Customer identification column is empty, the Email address field will determine the customer profile used. If the email address matches a customer profile in Commander, that customer will be assigned the space. If the email address doesn't match a customer profile in Commander, a new customer profile will be created with the details on the sheet.
Need more help? Check out our in-depth explanation of fields in this template.
Step 3: Upload the file to Commander
- Find the reservation.
- Go to the Group tab, and find the Rooming list section.
- Click Choose file, then find the updated rooming list and click
- Click Upload. The reservation will be updated in Commander.