An optional reservation is unconfirmed, but it still blocks space at your property.
Confirm an optional reservation
Customers can confirm their reservation through Navigator, or you can manually confirm their reservation in Mews Operations.
- Open the reservation you want to confirm, then go to the Status tab. Click Optional reservations missed on the Dashboard to see any optional reservations that need to be manually confirmed or canceled.
- Find the Confirmation section.
- Select the email address you want to send the confirmation email to, or deselect Send confirmation email if you don't want to send an email.
Cancel an optional reservation
You can adjust your settings so that 24 hours after an optional reservation's release date, either 1) the reservation will be canceled automatically, or 2) you'll receive a reminder to manually cancel it.
Set up automatic release of optional reservations
You can set up Mews Operations to automatically cancel optional reservations at the time of release.
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Services.
- Click on your bookable service.
- In the Options section, find the Visit options field.
- Select Enable automatic option cancellation.Note: If you select this option, automatic release will also be enabled for reservation inquiries.
Tip: You can also select Enable automatic release reminder email if you want customers to be reminded of their optional reservation 24 hours before release.
Manually cancel an optional reservation
If you don't want optional reservations to be canceled automatically, you'll have to manually cancel them.
- Find the optional reservation you want to cancel, then go to the Status tab. Click Optional reservations missed on the Dashboard to see any optional reservations that need to be manually confirmed or canceled.
- Find the Cancellation section.
- Select the reason for the cancellation and enter any relevant details.
- Deselect Apply cancellation fee.
- Choose whether or not to send a cancellation email to the customer only. If you deselect this option, the email will be sent to both the customer and the booker (if applicable).