You can use the exchange rate provider integration to automatically update your exchange rates in Commander, preventing discrepancies and saving you the work of manually changing them.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Legal environment section, click
See moreunder Exchange rate provider integration.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the Source that this integration will draw exchange rates from (you’ll choose this in step 5).
- If you accept multiple currencies and they aren’t all supported by one provider, you can create multiple exchange rate provider integrations and choose a different Source for each.
- In the Source field, choose the bank that you want to pull exchange rate updates from.
- In the Relative adjustment field, add a percentage to adjust exchange rates by.
- In the Period field, choose how often you want exchange rates to be automatically updated. The default time for exchange rates to be updated is 00:00.
- In the Update offset field, you can add an adjustment to the Period you chose in step 7 (for example, if you enter “2 hours”, the update will happen two hours after the Period you chose).
- Choose which Options you want to apply to the integration:
- Select Send update emails if you want to receive a daily summary of exchange rate changes. Even if this option is not selected, you’ll receive an email if any exchange rates fail to automatically update.
- Select Update all rates if you want to update exchange rates for all of your rates (even those which are disabled).
- In Notification email, enter the email address you want exchange rate update emails to be sent to (if you selected Send update emails in step 9).
- When the integration has been successfully created, you'll be redirected to the My subscriptions tab.
- In your list of active integrations, find your exchange rate provider integration and click
- Select the Enabled checkbox.
When future reservations are paid for in advance, exchange rate discrepancies can occur. When this happens, Commander automatically posts exchange rate corrections to the affected bill and notifies you of the correction on the customer billing screen.