Connecting your key encoders to Mews Operations is a great way to cut down on check-in time and simplify processes. After you set up the Hotek integration, you can cut keys directly in Mews Operations without ever needing to use the Hotek Interface System.
Mews is compatible with Hotek CLASSIC, ADVANCE, and SMART, as all of these communicate with Mews using the same TCP/IP Protocol (see Step 2 below)
To use the Hotek integration, you'll need:
- A Hotek license that supports PMS connections.
To find out if your license supports PMS connections, go to System > License in the Hotek Interface System and check if your license type is listed as either Fidelio Interface or PMS Interface. If not, contact [email protected] to request a software upgrade.
- Mews Open API and the Hotek Interface System installed on the same computer at your property.
- If it has not already been installed at your property, please see our guide for instructions on how to install Mews Open API.
Step 1: Set up the Hotek integration
Before you can set up the Hotek integration, you must have the Hotek Interface System installed on a computer at your property.
Run the Hotek application
- Open the Hotek Interface System on your computer.
- Go to your settings, and:
- Make note of the Interface Port, which you will need when creating the Hotek integration in Mews Operations.
- Make sure Show message at client and TCP/IP are selected.
Create the integration
- Open Mews Operations.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Facility management section, click
See moreunder Key cutter integration.
- In the Name field, enter “Hotek.”
- In the API URL field, enter the IP address 127.0.0.1 and the Interface Port (found in the Hotek Interface System) in the following format:
https://127.0.0.1:Port number. For example, if your port number is 6666, you should enter
https://127.0.0.1:6666in this field.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
Step 2: Set up the Hotek key cutters
After you create the Hotek integration in Mews Operations, you can set up your key cutters.
Mews uses the Hotek TCP/IP protocol to communicate with the Hotek interface system (server). With this protocol, Hotek listens on a predefined port.
1. In the Hotek integration settings, click Key cutters.
2. Click the
3. In the Name field, enter a name for the key cutter based on where it is located or what will be most easily understandable for your staff.
4. In the Identifier field, enter the Encoder Number found in the Hotek Interface System.
- To find the Encoder Number, go to the Client tab in the Hotek Interface System application.
5. In the Data JSON field, enter the following. See 5a, -b, and -c for other variations.
5a- To create both mobile keys and physical keys, enter the following. If you wish to create only mobile keys, replace the "true" for "EncoderKeys" with "false"
(!) Mobile keys are delivered by email, so it's important to make sure that a guest's email address is correctly entered in their customer profile.
5b- In a hostel environment, where you need to create duplicate keys for guests arriving at different times, enter the following:
5c- If you're in a hostel environment and wish to also include mobile keys, enter the following. If you wish to create only mobile keys, replace the "true" for "EncoderKeys" with "false"
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for every Hotek key cutter being used at your property.
Step 3: Map Hotek key cutters in Mews Operations
You must complete key cutter mapping if:
- The space numbers in Mews Operations and the Hotek Interface System do not match exactly (for example, "004" and "4" is not an exact match).
- Your space numbers are less than four characters long (for example, if the space number is "101", the mapping must be "0101").
If all of your space numbers in Mews Operations and the Hotek Interface System match and are more than three characters long, you can skip this step.
- In the Hotek integration settings, click Key cutter mappings.
- Click the
- Under Room, select a space number from the drop-down list.
- In the Lock identifier field, enter the corresponding space number as it is listed in the Hotek Interface System.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for every space that needs to be mapped in Mews Operations.
Step 4: Activate your key cutters
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- Go to the My subscriptions tab.
- Next to your key cutter integration, click
- Select the Enabled checkbox.
If your encoder isn't creating keys, check the Device Commands Queue to find out why. Copy the link in the Notes or search by the response message.
Curious? Have other questions?
Click on the button below to browse any of the articles we have prepared for you 🤓