Connecting your key encoders to Mews Operations is a great way to cut down on check-in time and simplify processes. After you set up the SaltoJustIN integration, you can send keys directly from Mews Operations to your guests’ mobile devices without ever needing to use the Salto Interface System.
To use the Salto JustIN integration, you'll need:
- The Salto Interface System (Server) application and Mews Open API installed on the same computer at your property.
- If it has not already been installed at your property, please see our guide for instructions on how to install Mews Open API.
- Ethernet encoders (other types of encoders can’t connect to external services like Mews). If you don’t have these encoders, contact Salto Support and they’ll help you upgrade.
If you want to include mobile keys, you should also add information to your “Before start email” that instructs customers to download the Salto JustIN mobile app before they arrive at your property—if customers try to check in without this app, an error message will show when you try to send mobile keys from the reservation module.
Step 1: Set up the Salto JustIN integration
Before you can set up the Salto JustIN integration, you must have the Salto Interface System installed on a computer at your property.
Run the Salto application
- Open the Salto Interface System on your computer.
- Go to your settings, and:
- Make note of your Encoder Number (under the No. column in the Client tab) which you will need when creating the Salto JustIN integration in Mews Operations.
- Make sure that TCP/IP is enabled.
Create the integration
- Open Mews Operations.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Facility management section, click
See moreunder Key cutter integration.
- In the Name field, enter “Salto JustIN”.
- In the API URL field, enter the IP address 127.0.0.1 and the Interface Port (found in the PMS Settings section in the Salto JustIN application) in the following format:
https://127.0.0.1:Interface port. For example, if your interface port is 6666, you should enter
https://127.0.0.1:6666in this field.
- Leave the Username and Password fields blank.
Step 2: Set up the Salto JustIN key cutters
After you create the Salto JustIN integration in Mews Operations, you can set up your key cutters.
- In the SaltoJustIN integration settings, click Key cutters.
- Click the
- In the Name field, enter a name for the key cutter based on where it is located or what will be most easily understandable for your staff.
- In the Identifier field, enter the Encoder Number found in the Salto application.
- To find the Encoder Number, go to the Client tab in the Salto Interface System (Server) application, and copy the number under the No. column, next to the name of your device.
5. In the Data JSON field, enter the following. If you wish to create only mobile keys, replace the "true" for "EncoderKeys" with "false".
(!) Mobile keys are delivered by phone, so it’s important to make sure that a guest’s phone number is correctly entered in their customer profile. Phone numbers must start with “+[country code]” (for example “+44”), not “00” in order for mobile keys to send.
5a- In a hostel environment, where you need to create duplicate keys for guests arriving at different times, enter the following. If you wish to create only mobile keys, replace the "true" for "EncoderKeys" with "false".
- Repeat steps 1-6 for every Salto JustIN key cutter being used at your property.
Step 3: Map Salto JustIN key cutters in Mews Operations
If your space numbers in Mews Operations and the Salto interface system do not match exactly (for example, "004" and "4" is not an exact match), you must create key cutter mappings for all of your spaces.
- In the Salto JustIN integration settings, click Key cutter mappings.
- Click the
- Under Room, select a space number from the drop-down list.
- In the Lock identifier field, enter the corresponding space number as it is listed in the Salto interface system.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for every space that needs to be mapped in Mews Operations.
Step 4: Activate your key cutters
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- Go to the My subscriptions tab.
- Next to your key cutter integration, click
- Select the Enabled checkbox.
If your encoder isn't creating keys, check the Device Commands Queue to find out why. Copy the link in the Notes or search by the response message.
Curious? Have other questions?
Click on the button below to browse any of the articles we have prepared for you 🤓