Calculating the lead time of reservations shows how far in advance your customers make reservations. It’s useful for analysis and helping find the rate strategy that’s right for you.
Step 1: Export the report to Excel
- Click Reservation report on the Dashboard, or go to Main menu > Reservations > Reservation report.
- Make sure Mode is set to Detailed.
- Set Filter to Overlapping.
- Under Start and End, choose the interval you want to look at lead times in.
- Download the export file (you'll receive a notification when it's ready to be downloaded).
Step 2: Calculate lead time of reservations
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel.
- Select the Reservations sheet.
- Click on the letter at the top of the Arrival column to select the entire column.
- Right-click anywhere in the Arrival column, then select Format cells.
- Select the Date category and click
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the Created column.
- Create a new column and call it Lead time.
- Click on the letter at the top of the new Lead time column to select it, right-click anywhere in the column, then select Format cells.
- Select the Number category, set Decimal places to 0, then click
- Create a formula in the first cell of Lead time that calculates Arrival minus Created.
- With the first cell of the Lead time column selected, double click the bottom-right corner of the cell to fill the rest of the column with the formula.
- Find the average of the Lead time column. This is the average lead time for reservations in the chosen interval.