To view the Occupancy Report, click Occupancy report on the Dashboard or go to Main menu > Reservations > Occupancy.
The Occupancy Report is a schematic overview of all space types, the number of spaces in each category, and the business on-the books for each space type per day. The overview offers insights into occupancy, availability, and your nightly rates for each space category.
The report shows the occupancy and availability of each space category per day. Each space category is listed with the total number of spaces in that category.
For each day of the week, each space category is listed with:
- The total percentage of occupied spaces.
- The total amount of money charged for occupied spaces.
- A bar indicating occupancy.
- A blue bar means that the space category has no direct overbookings on that date. If the space category has indirect overbookings, the bar will show the number of free spaces in that space category.
- An orange bar means the space category has direct overbookings on that date. When a space category is overbooked, the number of free spaces will be negative (matching the number of overbookings).
Hover over a block to see the following additional information:
- Spaces - Number of spaces in the selected category.
- Occupancy - Percentage of a space category that is occupied on a given day.
- Occupied - Number of occupied spaces on a given day.
- House uses - Number of spaces used for house use on a given day.
- Out of order - Number of spaces that are out of order on a given day.
- Free spaces - Number of spaces that are physically unoccupied.
- Direct overbooking - Number of spaces on a given day that was directly overbooked—direct overbookings occur when the number of reservations assigned to a space category exceeds the number of spaces.
- Indirect overbooking - The number of spaces on a given day that was indirectly overbooked—indirect overbookings occur when another space category has been overbooked, and the excess reservations are reallocated (indirect overbookings are only used for reporting purposes and don't affect the space category's availability).
- Availability adjustment - Adjustments made to the available number of spaces within a space category on a given day.
- Availability - Number of available spaces on a given day.
- Arrivals - Number of spaces with guests arriving on a given day.
- Departures - Number of spaces with guests departing on a given day.
- Stay overs - Number of spaces on a given day that has no guests arriving or departing.
- Customers - Total number of guests in house on a given day.
- Extra beds - Number of extra beds reserved on a given day.
The number of Arrivals and Departures listed in the additional information refers to the number of spaces with arriving or departing guests, so it will differ from the number of Arrivals and Departures on the Dashboard (which refers to the number of reservations arriving or departing).
- Service - Choose which service you would like to see the report for. Spaces occupied by services other than the service selected will be marked 'Occupied by other service' on the report.
- Mode - Choose which mode you would like to view the report in.
- Availability - View the Availability Report, which shows your space types with the number of available spaces, and the amount of money charged for occupied spaces.
- Occupancy - View your space types with the percentage of occupied spaces, and the amount of money charged for them.
- Start - Select a start date to restrict results to a specific time period.
- End - Select an end date to restrict results to a specific time period.
- Status - Choose the type of reservations you want to see in the report.
- Confirmed - View your occupancy from confirmed bookings.
- Optional - View your occupancy from optional bookings.
- Values - Choose which values you want your space categories to be listed per day.
- Gross - View your space categories listed with the total amount charged for occupied spaces.
- Net value - View your space categories listed with the net amount (the gross amount minus the tax rate) charged for occupied spaces.
- Tax value - View your space categories listed with the amount of tax charged for occupied spaces.
- Space types - Refine your report results to specific space types.
- Rate mode - Choose the way that rates should be listed in the report.
- Average night rate - The average price for a space on a particular night.
- Sales rate - The rate that you are selling a space at on a particular night.
- Rate - Refine your report results to specific rates (if you selected Sales rate in the Rate mode field). When a specific rate is selected, you can click the
Rate managementbutton to go to the Rate Management screen.
- Company - Refine your report results to reservations created for a specific company.
- Travel agency - Refine your report results to reservations created for a specific travel agency.
Spaces used for day use reservations are only removed from the inventory if the reservation ends after 6pm (because the room can't be booked for an overnight stay). If a day use reservation ends before 6pm, it will not be removed from the inventory, so it will not be counted in the Occupancy Report.