To view the Fiscal record report, go to Main menu > Finance > Fiscal record report.
To view items in the Fiscal record report, you must first have a fiscal registry integration set up. This report provides an overview of all fiscal records generated for closed bills. Depending on your legal environment, the report may also include periodical snapshots that summarize data collected by your fiscal registry integration.
The report summarizes every fiscal record with the following details:
- Number - Identifying number of the fiscal record. Click on this number to open the fiscal record, which is usually located at the bottom of a closed bill.
- Created - Date and time the fiscal record was created.
- Bill - Closed bill or invoice that the fiscal record is attached to. Click on the name of a bill to open it.
- Customer - Name of customer that the bill is assigned to. Click on the customer’s name to open their customer profile.
- Fiscal code (tax identifier) - Unique, automatically-generated code used to identify each fiscal record. Depending on which fiscalization solution you use, there may also be a tax identifier in parentheses after the fiscal code—this is the tax identifier of the guest or company.
- Sum - Total sum of all charges processed by the fiscal registry integration since it was first set up. The first number includes the newest charge (the number found in the Change column); the second number is the total sum before the change.
- Tax summary - Tax summary on a closed bill, including tax rate, net amount, and total amount after tax. Here you'll also see items with no tax rate. These are untaxed items. For example, they may be tax-exempt.
- File - Name of the snapshot file (snapshots are only generated for French properties). Click on the file name to download a ZIP file, which contains: 1) a CSV file containing all accounting items from a specific time period or bill; 2) a SIG file containing a PGP signature for the CSV file; 3) a JSON file containing a cumulative tax summary for a give time period or bill; 4) a JSON file containing a cumulative tax summary for the entire accounting history; and 5) a JSON file containing a serialized bill (only included in bill snapshots).
- Status - Indicates whether or not the fiscal record has been successfully sent to the appropriate authority.
- Filter- Choose how results are filtered within the chosen time period.
- Created (UTC) - Select to see fiscal records that were created during the chosen time period.
- Snapshot interval - Select to see fiscal records which contain data from the chosen period.
- Start - Select a start date and time to restrict results to a specific time period.
- End - Select an end date and time to restrict results to a specific time period.
- Fiscal registry integration - Select a fiscal registry integration to restrict results to the fiscal records created by that integration.
- Fiscalization - Leave this field blank.
- Status - Select a status to only include fiscal records with that status..
- Snapshot type - Select a snapshot type to only include snapshots of that type (snapshots are only generated for French properties).
For the French legal environment
For French properties, the system automatically generates fiscal record snapshots—downloadable files that include data pulled directly from closed bills and invoices—on a regular basis. Click on a snapshot file under the File column to download it.
Types of snapshots
There are multiple types of snapshots, each of which is issued at different times and for different reasons.
- Bill snapshot - This snapshot is automatically generated when a bill is closed. It contains all accounting items from that bill.
- Daily snapshot - This snapshot is automatically generated at 12:00 AM each day. It contains all accounting items from bills closed during the previous day.
- Monthly snapshot - This snapshot is automatically generated at 12:00 AM on the first of each month. It contains all accounting items from bills closed during the previous month.
- Yearly snapshot - This snapshot is automatically generated at 12:00 AM on the first of each year. It contains all accounting items from the previous year.
- Fiscal year snapshot - This snapshot is automatically generated at 12:00 AM on the first day of the fiscal year. It contains all accounting items from the previous fiscal year. Please note that this snapshot will only be generated if you have set up your fiscal year in the accounting configuration for any date other than January 1st.