Create spaces without assigning them categories to represent and track resources that your property rents out with no need for external tools or spreadsheets. These spaces will show up in the Space Status Report and you can manage their use at the bottom of the Timeline.
Spaces without categories can’t be booked. Instead, as described below, you’ll need to create a house use on the Timeline and handle any billing separately.
Create a space without a category
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Property.
- Click Spaces.
- Click the
- Enter the space details. Name the space using the Number field. Don’t worry, you’re not restricted to numbers. Enter a floor number in the Floor field (you can use 0, if you like). Leave the Category field empty.
When you create a space without a category, it will appear in the Space Status Report and you can update the status of the space (clean, inspected, etc.) as usual.
Creating house uses on the Timeline
All of your spaces without categories are grouped at the bottom of the Timeline. Once a house use is created, it appears in the Timeline, showing that the resource space represents is blocked off for a specific use and period of time. To create a house use, follow these steps:
- Click the Timeline icon on the Dashboard or go to Main menu > Reservations > Timeline.
- Click the icon near the top-right of the Dashboard.
- Choose the correct space (without a category) from the Assigned space dropdown menu.
- Select the Start and End times for the use of the resource.
- Optionally, you can enter a Block name to describe the specific use of the resource, as well as write Notes that other staff members can read.