Solution 1: Increase the signal area
First, check the current signal strength:
- Press 9 and then the green button on your terminal.
- Enter the PIN code for the Admin menu and press the green button. How do I find my PIN?
- Go to Network > Cellular/gprs > Cellular settings > Signal. The strength is displayed in %.
- Walk around with the terminal and monitor the signal percentage to see if it increases: Walk around the area you are in. Walk outside to see if the signal strength increases. Make sure you are not in an area that could block the signal such as a cellar or a bunker.
If the terminal strength does not increase, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly
- Remove the back cover from the terminal.
- Check whether the SIM card is in the middle slot or inserted incorrectly.
- If there is a noticeable issue, take the SIM card out.
- Insert the SIM card again, and make sure it's inserted as instructed in the terminal's Verifone user manual.
- Contact Mews Support to reactivate the SIM.