Follow these steps to generate your first report with Mews Analytics, and to get to grips with the software.
Learn more about Mews Analytics (for example, who can access it and which reports it contains).
Filter by time
Expand any date filter to change the Filter type, which determines how your time filter works:
- Advanced filtering is best for complex searches (for example, you can use it to find all your bookings between two specific dates). It gives you flexible filters that you can stack yourself for extra precision.
- Basic filtering will show you a list of every day from the year to date; check the dates you want to see info for.
- Relative date lets you filter based off of your current date (for example, you can search for all data from the last 3 months).
- Relative time lets you filter based off of your current time (for example, you can search for all data from the last 3 hours).
Apply filter to refine the results on the page.
When running normal daily or weekly reports, we recommend you use the Relative date or Relative time filters.
Refine your results
Use the filter pane on the right to refine the results in your reports. Filters are divided into two sections:
- Filters on this page only apply to the specific page of the analytics report that you're in (for example, Manager or Financial analytics). They're different on each page and are relevant to the specific reports on that page.
- Filters on all pages apply to the entirety of the analytics report you're in (for example, every page of Manager analytic). When you change tabs, selections here will still apply.
Hover over the Filter icon to see exactly which filters are affecting the data you're looking at. Click it to turn those filters grey in the filter pane.
Filter by property
By default, reports will show you a chain-level overview. If you want focussed information from a specific property, select it from this dropdown.
A closer look at some details
The details text at the bottom of the report shows you:
- Last refresh: The last time the report was refreshed.
- Currency: The currency the report is in. (by default, this will be your property's default currency). If you're in a chain, the currency from your chain which comes first alphabetically will be used by default. You can change the currency in the filters pane.
- Taxation: The taxation type you're viewing the report in (by default, it'll be shown in net). You can change the taxation type in the filters pane.
Once the report is generated, you can:
There are a lot of datasets per page in Mews Analytics. If the screen looks a little crowded and you want to focus on one dataset in particular, you can:
- Click Expand to see any dataset in Focus mode; removing the distractions of the other datasets. You can still use the filters (you can also collapse them).
- Click the More actions icon (3 dots)> Spotlight to fade out all the other datasets, highlighting the one you wanted to see.
You can't export an entire sheet from Analytics, only individual datasets. To export a dataset from Analytics:
- Hover over it until you see the action icons.
- Click the More actions icon (3 dots).
- Choose the file format you want, and click
It's only possible to export summarized data when you export from Mews Analytics (you can't export underlying data).