If you need to close your availability, you have a few options depending on how much you want to close. You can:
- Block all reservations (Note: You won’t even be able to make reservations with the Mews PMS if you do this).
- Only block reservations from your channel manager, but continue to allow direct bookings.
- Block all reservations except those created in the Mews PMS.
Block all reservations
To block all incoming reservations (including those from Mews Operations), you need to create a closed-to-stay restriction which blocks your whole property.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Services > Bookable services > Choose respective service (e.g. Stay)
- Click Restrictions.
- If you want to close your property entirely, choose an End date (if you have one in mind), and click
Create. To reopen your property to reservations, you can just delete the restriction.
- If you don’t want to completely close your property, you can set different types of restriction here too—learn more about restrictions.
Only block reservations from your channel manager
Depending on your rate setup, there could be two possible ways to block reservations from your channel manager:
- If you have special rates which only apply to channel manager reservations, you can set up a restriction which closes those rates.
- You can also stop sending restriction updates from the Mews PMS to your channel manager, and set the restriction up directly in the channel manager instead. Learn how to set up restrictions in your channel manager.
Block all reservations except those from the PMS
This option will allow employees with the Overbook services privilege to create new reservations. All other reservations will be blocked.
Step 1: Assign privileges
You need to choose which employees will be able to book reservations. Once you know:
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Employees.
- Select the employee you want to allow to book reservations.
- Under Workplace privileges, select Overbook services.
Step 2: Adjust your availability
- From the Dashboard, click Availability to go to the Availability Report.
- Choose a space category you want to close, and click on the number of available spaces in any block in that category.
- Under Count, enter “-x” (x can be any number larger than the number of spaces in the category, to make sure they’re all blocked).
- Choose the dates you want to block availability for.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until you’ve blocked all of your space categories.
Note: You’ll still be able to see your real availability in the Reservation Report; it’ll appear as a little blue number in the bottom-right corner of each block.