In Basel, you're legally required to send some guest information to the authorities. In exchange, international guests can receive a BaselCard which grants them access to all of Basel's tourist facilities (and much more). The AVS Basel integration allows properties in the Canton of Basel to generate their daily report, preformatted to the requirements of the Basel authorities and ready to upload.
Learn more about what your guests can do with their BaselCards.
Setting up the integration
Step 1: Connect to the integration
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Legal environment section, click
See moreunder AVS Basel export integration.
- Fill in your property’s information. Leave the Space category field blank.
- In the Property code field, enter your "Objekt-Nr"—it should have been sent by AVS/BT when you registered with them.
Step 2: Schedule the export
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Customer profiles.
Create AVS Basel export integration schedule.
- In the Report configuration section, select the following options:
- Mode - Select Arrival.
- Status - Keep Checked out, Checked in and Confirmed selected.
- Interval - Select Current week.
- In the Export schedule section, select the following options:
- Name - Enter a title for the export.
- Next start - Select the next day.
- Frequency - Select Daily.
- Export target - If you prefer to receive the report by email, you can create a mail export target. If you do not select on option for this field, you will receive a notification in Commander when your export has been created.
- Format - XML.
- Options - Select Notify creator about export if you did not select an export target.
- Select Enabled.
Using the integration
Managing customer profiles
If your customer profiles are missing any required information, there will be a .txt file in the export containing a list of errors. You'll have to go back and provide the missing information before you can upload the export to the AVS portal.
The required fields are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Arrival date
- Departure date
- Guest classifications
- Date of birth
- Country of origin
- Guest segment
Upload the report to the AVS portal
- When the export is ready, you'll get a notification in the Dashboard header, and an email sent to the Export target email address (if you provided one).
- Upload it to the AVS portal when you receive it.
- Once the report has been uploaded successfully, Basel cards will be generated for each companion arriving that day.
- Download the Basel cards and share them with your guests when they arrive—each card has a QR code that directs the guest to the Basel tourist site, where they'll get access to free use of public transport, free guest WiFi use, and discounted access to some of Basel's biggest attractions!
Learn more about what your guests can do with their Basel cards.