Client token is a unique identifier for a channel manager. A Channel manager can have only one Client token.
Connection token is a unique identifier for each connection. For example, one property can have an unlimited number of Channel manager integrations and each integration will have its unique Connection token.
Channel Manager ID is same as Connection token. Both terms are widely used by Mewsers.
Mapping table/file refers to a file that provides mapping codes for space categories, rates, products and companies.
Space category refers to a room category/type. Space categories consist of spaces.
Space refers to a unit, which falls under Space category.
Restrictions are a set of rules that define what conditions need to be met to make a reservation. For example, rate X can be booked only for Christmas, or this space category is available for 3 nights reservations minimum.
- Closed to Arrival (CTA) is a restriction that prevents check-in on certain dates.
- Closed to Departure (CTD) is a restriction that prevents check-out on certain dates.
- Closed to Stay is a restriction that prevents bookings on certain dates. It means complete stop sell.
Products refer to extra services provided by a property, e.g., dinner or parking, etc. Products can also be referred to as Extras.
Company profile refers to a company that created a reservation or identifies a guest place of occupation. To have company automatically added to a reservation, a company profile needs to be mapped in Channel Manager settings.
Travel Agency profile identifies a reservation source. To have a travel agency automatically added to a reservation, a travel agency profile needs to be mapped in Channel Manager settings. Here you can find a detailed guide.
Inventory logs are not accessible to properties. They are provided on request by Mews Support Team.
Reservation logs are available to certain properties. This depends on a channel manager connection type. Check with Mews Marketplace Team ([email protected]) if this is applicable to your connection.
Legal Environment is a set of rules applied country-wide like VAT levels, required fields on customer profile. This cannot be accessed or changed by properties.
- Gross priced environment means that a property can work with gross prices only, as this is required by its legal environment.
- Net priced environment means that a property can work with net prices only, as this is required by its legal environment.