The Mews operations team is not authorized to set up Channel manager integration, do mapping, or test the connection on behalf of hoteliers.
Hoteliers have full access to their settings and can trigger manual ARI updates to a Channel manager. Please reach out to the Mews Support team only in case of an emergency.
Issues that cannot be handled by the Mews Support team are internally escalated to Channel Manager Expert and/or Technical Partner Success Manager and/or the development team.
Adding a Channel manager integration
A property adds a Channel manager integration in Mews.
This automatically creates mapping codes for space categories and rates. It also generates a connection token that cannot be edited.
A property arranges rates and space categories.
The connection token will be communicated to Channel manager support via email.
If a Channel manager supports getProperties, then a connection token can be obtained via an API call. NOTE: It is required that the
If a Channel manager connection supports getConfiguration, then a Channel manager pulls a mapping configuration.
If a Channel manager does not support getConfiguration, then a property downloads an excel mapping file and sends it over to the Channel manager support or does the required setup in the Channel manager extranet on their own.
Mews connection token and mapping codes have to be used by the Channel manager. If a Channel manager cannot use Mews mapping codes, it needs to be communicated in advance.
A property schedules testing with the Channel manager support if needed.
All this time the integration remains disabled.
1. A testing date needs to be agreed upon between the client and the Channel manager onboarding/support team.
2. On the testing day, the property enables desired inventory operations (Update Availability, Update Rates, Update Restrictions).
3. The property sends a one-week push. This push includes updates for all synchronized rates with regard to enabled operations.
Note: Mews can send only availability, only prices, or only restrictions.
4. Mews cannot send a manual update for one specific rate. It always sends updates for all synchronized rates.
5. If there is a mapping error, this update will fail and trigger a configuration error email to the property. It will also disable all inventory operations in Mews.
6. The configuration error email will include the exact error code and the message received by Mews from the Channel manager system.
Note: Mews can catch one configuration error at a time.
7. The property fixes the mapping and again sends a one-week push. Steps 2-6 need to be repeated until no configuration error is found.
8. Once a one-week push returns Success, the property sends a one-year push.
9. The property verifies that availability, rates, and restrictions were correctly uploaded in the Channel manager extranet.
10. The property enables Receive Reservations operation.
11. The property enables the integration.