There are two sections in this Mews glossary:
The Mews PMS section covers terminology that relates to various concepts, features, elements, and functionality that can be found in the Mews PMS.
The Integrations, Marketing, and Partnerships section covers terminology that you may encounter along your partner journey with Mews.
- The billing module in Mews is linked to the Customer profile instead of to the reservation. Using the API, you will still be able to identify which reservations, bills, or services an accounting is linked to.
- Need more info? Read more about all things Billing in Mews!
Complimentary product items
- Zero-cost product items (price is 0.-) that are not Canceled are considered "Inactive" in the system.
- The item will appear in:
— the Reservations module > Items tab (if it is a stay product)
— the Customer profile > Dashboard tab > Orders section (if it is a service product)
- The item will NOT appear in:
— the Customer profile > Billing tab
— the Accounting Report
- At this moment, it's complicated to build a solution which will treat 0 value items as Active, so we don't have this feature in our system yet. You can upvote this feature request to show our Product team the importance of this feature for you!
- While consumed items that are to be settled later by a guest or corporate account are posted to their respective customer profiles in Mews, items that have been consumed AND paid-for should be posted to Outlet(s).
- This helps ensure that all property-related revenue is recorded and visible in one report in Mews, and can be synced to the property's accounting system via another integration or via an accounting report export.
- Read more about how properties use Outlets and how the figures appear on the Mews Accounting Report.
Resources / Spaces
- These refer to beds, rooms, dorms, apartments: units of resources that an accommodation business can sell on a (currently) per-night basis.
- Watch this space! 🚀 Read the Mews Devs blog post about Project Spacetime, which explains the current concept and our vision regarding multiple services and time units.
- Items (anything from a night's stay, breakfast, to minibar charges) are booked under various services.
- Read more about the relationship between services and products in Understanding services.
- Other related articles:
— Set up your stay service
— Other Accommodation-related articles
Stay product vs Service Product
- In Mews Open API, these are referred to as reservation product and product order, respectively.
- Stay products must be linked to a reservation and can only be added via
reservations/addProductto a "Reservable" service.
- Service products or product orders can be booked on any customer profile, and are NOT linked to a reservation. They can only be added to an "Orderable" service.
Companions, in-house guests, Paymaster accounts
- A customer profile must be added as a Companion to a reservation in order for Mews to recognize which customer is staying in which room, as each reservation is assigned a space/resource. Customers that have been added as companions to a checked-in reservation is considered an "in-house" guest.
- Paymasters get the same level of consideration as "in-house" guests when you use the
customers/searchendpoint. This is commonly used in the case of corporate accounts for business travellers, travel agencies, or events (e.g. wedding parties).
Integrations, Marketing, and Partnerships
Property, mutual customer, customer:
- Refers to the hotel/hostel/accommodation business that is using the Mews PMS and your solution
- ONE unique token per Mews environment (e.g., one for Production, one for Demo). This token represents your integration in each Mews environment.
- Should NEVER be shared, as it is one half of the pair of credentials that allows you, the integration partner, to access various types of data (including guest data) generated within a property
- One unique token per property in Mews. In specific cases, it is possible to add the same integration more than once in a property, generating two unique Access Tokens
- Refers to the app store that Mews customers are able to see within their Mews account. (Click here for sample view)
- Currently, each integration can only be tagged with one category
- The public-facing website where anyone is can browse through the various integrations offered through Mews Marketplace
- Multiple category tags are possible for an integration