The KassenSichV ordinance requires all bills and invoices to be recorded by an external TSE (Technischen Sicherheitseinrichtung). With this integration, every bill or invoice that is closed will be automatically recorded, cryptographically signed by the TSE (Fiskaly). They'll send back your fiscal record identifiers which will be recorded on the bill or invoice, and you can find the encrypted export later on your Fiskaly dashboard.
💡 You don't need any extra hardware for this solution—it's all handled online.
How does it work?
- A bill or invoice is closed in Mews
- A secure fiscal record is automatically sent to fiskaly, an external TSE.
- fiskaly records the data and cryptographically signs it.
- fiskaly sends that signature data back to Mews, and Mews adds it to the bottom of the bill or invoice.
Step 1: Set up your fiskaly account
You’ll need to request an invite to your fiskaly dashboard:
- If you’re new to Mews and you're just getting connected, request an invite from [email protected].
- If you’ve had Mews for a while, request an invite from [email protected].
When you request an invite, send us your address and its associated VAT identifier (formatted: DE999999999) and 13 digit tax number. You can’t use the usual 10/11 digit tax number, it needs to be the 13 digit one used for electronic identifiers—learn more about where you can find your 13 digit tax number.
Note: If you've already been provided with a Wirtschaftsidentifikationsnummer, you can provide that instead of your 13 digit tax number.
We’ll send an invite to your email address; from there, you should accept the invite and create your account.
Step 2: Find your API Key
- Go to https://dashboard.fiskaly.com/.
- From the menu, go to Technical security systems.
- Under ID, copy the TSS ID and save it for step 3.
- From the menu, go to Developers > API key.
Create API key.
- Under API Key, copy the ID and save it for step 3.
- Under API Secret, copy the ID and save it for step 3.
Step 3: Create the integration
- Open Commander.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- Go to the Legal environment category.
- Find the German fiscal registry integration.
- Fill in the following fields:
-Under TSS ID, enter the TSS ID found in step 2.
-Under API Key, enter the API key found in step 2.
-Under Secret Key, enter the API secret found in step 2.
9. In your list of active integrations, find the German fiscal registry integration and click
10. Select the Enabled checkbox.
View fiscal records
There are two ways to see fiscal records once they’ve been attached to a bill or invoice:
- Open the bill/invoice—the fiscal record will be included whenever you print it.
- Going to Main menu > Finance > Fiscal record report, where you’ll find a list of your fiscal records
Get exports for audit requests
- Go to https://dashboard.fiskaly.com/. From the menu, go to Technical security systems.
- In the list, scroll all the way to the right and click
- Select either: Perform full report – This exports all TSS records, or Filtered report – This lets you export specific TSS records, (for example, all of Q4 2020).
- From the menu, go to Exports.
- Once the complete export is generated, it will appear in this list.
- To download the export, scroll all the way to the right and click
- The export is downloaded as an encrypted TAR file.
Add additional users to fiskaly
To add additional users to fiskaly, contact your customer success representative.