What are unassigned items?
- Unassigned items are what was previously known as Unpaid items / Deposits in the old billing mode. They are essentially the left-hand side on the old billing screen.
Do I have to move items from unassigned to a bill in order to make a payment?
- No. Payments can be taken if they are unassigned because the bill items are already linked to the customer profiles.
Do I always need to move unassigned items to a bill?
- No, if you select "unassigned" on a guest profile (either the same or a new guest) when moving a bill, a new bill will be automatically created.
- If you move an unassigned bill to a company, it will be automatically assigned to a company; a new bill does not have to be created first.
- Previewing a new bill, or creating an invoice for an unassigned bill will automatically assign the bill to the selected guest profile.
Do you want to learn more about group billing? 🤓