The Italian police integration creates a report for the Italian police.
Step 1: Set up the integration
Reports are created per property account in Mews Operations. If you're required by local authorities to create reports per address (rather than one report for your entire enterprise), you should: a) create an Italian police integration for each address, and b) select all of the space categories located at that address when you set up the integration.
Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
In the Legal environment section, click
See moreunder Italian tourist export integration.
Fill in your property’s information.
- Use the Space category field to choose which space categories will be included in the report—this is useful if you're required to create reports per address; simply select all of the space categories located at one address. If you don't specify space categories, the report will include all of your space categories.
- In the Recipient emails field, enter the email address you want the export to be sent to. This should be someone at your property who will send the export to the Italian police.
- If you want the police report to be sent at a specific time each day, enter the amount of time past midnight to send the report in the Daily report execution time field. For example, setting Daily report execution time to 10 minutes will send the report, each day, at 00:10.
Step 2: Verify and send the report
Check your email inbox or Mews Operations notifications (depending on what you entered in the Recipient emails field in Step 1).
- If you receive the export with no error file, then it contains all the required information, and you can upload it to the Italian state police website as soon as possible.
- If you receive a zip file containing the export and an error file called error.txt, continue to the next step.
If you receive the error file, open it to see what information required by the Italian state police is missing from the export and correct it in Mews Operations.
- If you correct the errors in the export (instead of in Mews Operations), you’ll need to make the same corrections in the future if a guest with an incomplete profile returns to your property.
Export the report again.
Upload the amended report to the Italian state police website.
Using the integration
To ensure that your report is complete, every guest needs to be attached to their reservation as a companion, with a completed customer profile (even if a guest created the reservation and their name is already attached to it, they still have to be added to the reservation as a companion). If the owner of a reservation is not also a guest, the first companion will be marked as the group leader in the report.
Customer profiles are considered complete when all information required by the Italian police has been provided—the required fields for this report are:
Birth place (found in the City column of the export): You can enter a guest's birthplace by entering the city name or the city code. If you enter the city name and it isn't unique within Italy, it will not be included in the export. Only required from Italian guests.
Identity document: The region and city code for guest identity documents is always taken from the country name, so region is not included. Only required from Italian guests.
Identity document (issuing country)
Identity document (issuing city)
Property code: This is a unique registration identifier provided by the Italian police. It is typically provided by the local municipality and must be requested.
Note: Families are not specifically distinguished from other group types in Mews Operations, so the report will show no guests in the Family guest category.