The Italian police integration creates a report for the Italian police.
Step 1: Set up the integration
Reports are created per property account in Commander. If you're required by local authorities to create reports per address (rather than one report for your entire enterprise), you should: a) create an Italian police integration for each address, and b) select all of the space categories located at that address when you set up the integration.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Legal environment section, click
See moreunder Italian tourist export integration.
- Fill in your property’s information.
- Use the Space category field to choose which space categories will be included in the report—this is useful if you're required to create reports per address; simply select all of the space categories located at one address. If you don't specify space categories, the report will include all of your space categories.
- In the recipient emails field, enter the email address you want the export to be sent to. This should be someone at your property who will send the export to the Italian police.
- If you want the police report to be sent at a specific time each day, enter the amount of time past midnight to send the report in the Daily report execution time field. For example, setting Daily report execution time to 10 minutes will send the report, each day, at 00:10.
Step 2: Schedule the export
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Customer profiles.
Create Italian police integration export schedule.
- In the Report configuration section, select the following options:
- Mode - Select Overlapping.
- Status - Select Checked in.
- Interval - Select Last day.
- In the Export schedule section, select the following options:
- Name - Enter a title for the export.
- Next start - Select the next day, at the end of the day when all check-ins will be complete.
- Frequency - Select Daily.
- Export target - If you prefer to receive the report by email, you can create a mail export target. If you do not select on the option for this field, you will receive a notification in Commander when your export has been created.
- Format - Select CSV.
- Options - Select Notify creator about export if you did not select an export target.
- Select Enabled.
- If there is any information missing from the export, you'll receive a ZIP file that details what's missing, so you can easily locate and add the information.
Step 3: Verify and send the report
- Check your email inbox or Commander notifications (depending on what you entered in the Export target field in Step 2).
- If you receive the export with no error file, then it contains all the required information, and you can upload it to the Italian state police website as soon as possible.
- If you receive a zip file containing the export and an error file called error.txt, continue to the next step.
- If you receive the error file, open it to see what information required by the Italian state police is missing from the export and correct it in Commander.
- If you correct the errors in the export (instead of in Commander), you’ll need to make the same corrections in the future if a guest with an incomplete profile returns to your property.
- Export the report again.
- Upload the amended report to the Italian state police website.
Using the integration
To ensure that your report is complete, every guest needs to be attached to their reservation as a companion, with a completed customer profile (even if a guest created the reservation and their name is already attached to it, they still have to be added to the reservation as a companion). If the owner of a reservation is not also a guest, the first companion will be marked as the group leader in the report.
Customer profiles are considered complete when all information required by the Italian police has been provided—the required fields for this report are:
- First name
- Last name
- Birth date
- Birth place (found in the City column of the export): You can enter a guest's birthplace by entering the city name or the city code. If you enter the city name and it isn't unique within Italy, it will not be included in the export.Only required from Italian guests.
- Identity document: The region and city code for guest identity documents is always taken from the country name, so region is not included.Only required from Italian guests.
- Identity document issuing country
- Identity document issuing city
Families are not specifically distinguished from other group types in Commander, so the report will show no guests in the Family guest category.
If your property is based in Milan, you will also need to generate a monthly report for the ISTAT (Instituto Nazionale di Statistica). This report has additional required fields, and you can generate it using the Italian tourist export integration.