For Italian properties that need to send a monthly report to the ISTAT (Instituto Nazionale di Statistica), this integration will automatically generate a report that includes all of the required information.
Step 1: Set up the integration
Reports are created per property account in Commander. If you're required by local authorities to create reports per address (rather than one report for your entire enterprise), you should: a) create an Italian tourist export integration for each address, and b) select all of the space categories located at that address when you set up the integration.
- Go to Main menu > Marketplace.
- In the Legal environment section, click
See moreunder Italian tourist export integration.
- Fill in your property's information.
- Use the Space category field to choose which space categories will be included in the report—this is useful if you're required to create reports per address; simply select all of the space categories located at one address. If you don't specify space categories, the report will include all of your space categories.
- In the Recipient emails field, enter the email address you want the export to be sent to. This should be someone at your property who will send the export to the ISTAT.
Step 2: Schedule the export
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Customer profiles.
Create Italian tourist export integration export schedule.
- In the Report configuration section, select the following options:
- Mode - Select Arrival.
- Status - Select all.
- Interval - Select Month to yesterday.
- In the Export schedule section, select the following options:
- Name - Enter a title for the export.
- Next start - Select the first day of the next month (the report can be submitted to the ISTAT any time between the 1st and 4th of the month).
- Frequency - Select Monthly.
- Export target - If you prefer to receive your report by email, you can create a mail export target. If you do not select an option for this field, you will receive a notification in Commander when your export has been created.
- Format - Do not select a format. The integration will automatically generate the report as a TXT file.
- Options - Select Notify creator about export if you did not select an export target.
- Select Enabled.
- If there is any information missing from the export, you'll receive a ZIP file that details what's missing, so you can easily locate and add the information.
Step 3: Verify and send the report
- Check your email inbox or Commander notifications (depending on what you entered in the Export target field in Step 2).
- If you receive the export with no error file, then it contains all the required information, and you can send it to the appropriate ISTAT officials for your region.
- If you receive a zip file containing the export and an error file called error.txt, continue to the next step.
- If you receive the error file, open it to see what information required by the ISTAT is missing from the export and correct it in Commander.
- If you correct the errors in the export (instead of in Commander), you’ll need to make the same corrections in the future if a guest with an incomplete profile returns to your property.
- Export the report again.
- If you're in Puglia, make sure that In house is selected under the Mode filter when you manually export the report.
- In all other regions, make sure that Overlapping is selected under the Mode filter.
- Send the report to the appropriate ISTAT officials for your region.
When you manually export the report (instead of using the export schedule), you need to make sure the correct Mode is selected in the report filters before you export it. In Puglia select In house, and in all other regions select Overlapping.
Using the integration
To ensure that your report is complete, every guest needs to be attached to their reservation as a companion, with a completed customer profile (even if a guest created the reservation and their name is already attached to it, they still have to be added to the reservation as a companion).
The fields required by the ISTAT for this report are:
- Birth date
All Italian properties also need to generate a monthly report for the Italian police. This report has additional required fields, and you can generate it using the Italian police integration.