In case that there is an upcoming City Tax change in your country, please, let us know 😊
City tax in Mews can be set up as a City tax product or a Fixed city tax where it will be hard-coded in the system. The process is different depending on which type of city tax you have.
Fixed city tax
Contact Mews at [email protected] to let us know about the upcoming city tax changes. We will get back to you to verify the change.
Example of a property with Fixed city tax set up in the Stay settings:
City tax as a product
Contact Mews at [email protected] to let us know about the upcoming city tax changes.
When you are using a product for city tax, there are several steps you need to follow.
Before the day of the City tax change:
- Split all reservations arriving before and staying after the date of the change.
Example: City tax changes on January 1st. Reservations arriving before or on December 31st and leaving on or after January 2nd should be split into 2 - one reservation until January 1st and another one from January 1st.
- Create a new product with the new amount of the city tax.
On the day of the City tax change:
- Check out all reservations available for check-out. It is not necessary to close the bills, you can check-out the reservations with unbalanced bills if the guests will be staying over.
- Create a new product rule with action
Addfor the new product for city tax.
- Change the old product rule for the old city tax with action
- Contact Support team at [email protected] to run a full update in the database. This will trigger the product rules to be executed for all future reservations to cancel the old city tax and add the new one.
- After we confirm the update, you can verify several reservations and delete the old product rule.