Before creating a pre-authorization, make sure that your mews Terminal (V400m or V400c) is connected with the Mews Operations. Unfortunately, if you use V400c only with the Kiosk, it's not possible to create a pre-authorization. In this case, the guest would need to ask the Front Desk Officer for assistance.
How to make a pre-authorization?
- Find the client's profile by typing his or her name in the search bar, or open it through the reservation;
- Choose the Payments tab on the customer profile, find Pre-authorizations and click on +;
- In the drop-down menu, please choose Mews Terminal;
- Please type the amount;
- In a few moments, the amount will appear on the terminal's display;
- The guest can choose to tap or swipe or insert the card into the terminal;
- The created payment is in a
chargeablestate under the guest's profile now.
Before the pre-authorization is released (seven days from the creation of the pre-authorization), the Front Officer can charge a pre-authorized card for the amount that is pre-authorized or less.
Do you want to learn more about payments? 🤓