This article will explain how to check your Mews Terminal connection.
The PSP Connection test is a diagnostic that tests the steps required for a terminal to connect to the Adyen backend.
This test can be found by pressing 9 + Green > Enter the admin PIN > Network > Diagnostics > Test PSP Connection.
The next stages will appear on the Display:
- Looking up host: checks if the device can resolve DNS. If it fails, your device is not able to resolve Adyen's domains
- Connecting: checks if the terminal can get an IP address. If it fails, something in your network is preventing this device from getting an IP
- Negotiating: sets up a secure connection (SSL). If it fails, there could be a certificate issue with your device/network
- Write data: sends a test packet. If it fails, there could be a firewall blocking traffic from your device
- Read data: receives a test packet. If it fails, there could be a firewall blocking traffic to your device
The PSP Connection should return all green checks. In case your terminal fails at any point of this diagnostic, please consult Adyen's Network Configuration documentation HERE.