With two-factor authentication (2FA), you add an extra layer of security to your account. After you set it up, you’ll sign in to your account in two steps using:
- Something you know (your password)
- Something you have (a security code)
Step 1: Set up two-factor authentication
- Click the user icon at the top right.
- Click Profile.
- Go to Security.
- Under Two-factor authentication, click
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Step 2: Save your recovery codes
Copy your one-time recovery codes and save them somewhere secure to ensure that you don’t get locked out of your account if you forget your password, lose your phone, or can't sign in for another reason.
Note: After you click
Close, you won't be able to view your recovery codes again.
To use a one-time recovery code, simply enter it in the Password field when signing in to your account.