After you set up a travel agency with a profile and contract, Commander will be able to automatically detect new reservations from that travel agency and handle them exactly how you want.
Note: You can set up profiles and contracts for every OTA, GDS, and travel agency, but if a reservation goes through multiple channels before reaching Commander, only one will be attached. To make sure it's the one you want, learn which travel agency profiles you should set up for your specific channel manager needs.
Step 1: Create a travel agency profile
If you're using a channel manager, it's important to map the travel agency profile; Commander will automatically detect reservations made with the travel agency and apply the conditions of your contract.
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Companies.
- Click the
- Enter the name of the travel agency.
- Map the profile to your channel manager using one of the following methods:
- Use the Channel field: Look for the OTA, GDS, or travel agency that the profile is for. If it's not listed, you'll need to use another method.
- Use the IATA field: Enter the IATA number (request this number from your channel manager).
- Use the Channel manager ID field: Find your channel manager and enter the code in that field (request this code from you channel manager).
- Use the Name field: Enter the name of the travel agency exactly as it will be sent by the channel manager (request this info from your channel manager).
- If you're still unable to map the travel agency profile, contact Mews support.
- Fill in any other relevant fields.
Step 2: Create the travel agency contract
Create the travel agency contract, so Commander knows how to handle reservations made with that travel agency (such as commission and settlement rules).
- Go to Main menu > Settings > Services.
- Click on your stay service.
- Click Travel agency contracts.
- Click the
- In the Company field, search for the travel agency profile you just created.
- Choose how you want reservations made through this travel agency to be settled.
- Reservations can be settled either with the guest or the travel agency.
- Enter all other relevant details.
Automatically create travel agency profiles
Enable Commander to automatically create profiles for companies and travel agencies when they are provided by the channel manager but cannot be found in Commander.
- In the Marketplace, go to My subscriptions.
- Find your channel manager integration and click
- Under Options, enable Create company and travel agency profiles.