A customer can be a booker (someone who makes a reservation for someone else) or a guest (someone staying at your property).
Note: If your property is part of a chain, customer profiles created for your property account will be shared with all of the other properties in the chain (and vice versa).
Create a customer profile
Most customer profiles are automatically created in Commander when a reservation is pushed to the system through your channel manager, but it’s also possible to manually create a customer profile. There are multiple ways to create a customer profile:
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Customer.
- Add them to a reservation while you create it.
- Add them to a pre-existing reservation.
- Search for their last name, and then click New customer.
Start creating a new profile with one of the methods above, and then:
- Complete all relevant fields.
- Only the customer’s last name is required, but we recommend completing their profile as much as possible.
- When the customer’s profile has been successfully created, you can add even more information to their profile.
|Enter the customer's email address. All communication will be sent to this email address.|
Enter the customer's preferred title.
|First name||Enter the customer's first and middle name, if applicable.|
|Last name||Enter the customer's last name.|
|Language||Enter the customer's preferred language, used for email communications.|
|Nationality||Select the customer's country of origin.|
|Sex||Enter the customer's sex as it is listed in their passport (for legal reporting purposes).|
|Telephone||Enter the customer's telephone number, including the country code for international numbers.|
|Birth date||Enter the customer's date of birth.|
Tip: Scan a customer's identity documents when you create their profile by clicking the Mews identity scanner icon. With this built-in device, you can use your camera to scan any travel document that has a Machine Readable Zone.