From the moment a guest creates a reservation to the moment it arrives in Commander, it can pass through as many as three different sources:
- First source: A more general source, the largest booking channel relevant to the reservation. This could be a Global Distribution System (GDS), or a larger OTA (for example, Expedia).
- Second source: A more specific source which narrows the general source down. This could be a sub-group of the more general source (for example, Expedia collect).
- Travel agency: A precise source, usually a smaller travel agency. This could be a corporate travel agency (for example, AmEx Travel).
Only one of these sources can be attached to the reservation as the travel agency in Commander. You can determine which source is used in Commander by mapping to the source you most want to track.
Track your reservation sources
When a source is attached to an incoming reservation in Mews, it's listed as the Travel agency in the Reservation Module.
The way that Mews chooses which source to automatically attach to a reservation as the travel agency depends on which channel manager integration you use, so the use-cases differ slightly.
We recommend that you map all of your booking sources. If a reservation contains multiple booking sources, we'll automatically attach the most specific one to the reservation in Commander (to make sure that you get the most precise reporting).
Reservations will only have a travel agency attached if they come through a GDS. In these cases, we recommend you map the second source to make sure you get the most detailed source information. Contact your Channel Manager support for a full list of second sources from your OTA.
We recommend that you only map the most specific sources to ensure that you get the most precise reporting. We automatically attach the most general mapped source to your reservations, so if they are all mapped then you’ll only see the first source attached to reservations, and won't see the specific travel agencies.
Connect your first and second sources
- Go to Main menu > Profiles > Companies.
- Select the name of the OTA/GDS (your first or second source).
- Under Channel, select the name of the channel source you want to map.
- If you don't see the name of the channel you may be able to use an IATA number or a general code. Contact your channel manager support for more information—if they give you an IATA number, put it into the IATA field. If they give you a code, put it in the Channel manager ID field (it's case, character, and space sensitive).
- If you still can't map the travel agency, contact support.
Connect your travel agencies
- Go to Main menu> Profiles > Companies.
- Select the name of the travel agency.
- Under IATA, enter the IATA number you found in the extranet.
- If you don't have an IATA number, you'll need to make sure the name of the company profile matches the name of the travel agency exactly (it's case, character, and space sensitive). Contact your channel manager's support to find out exactly how the name of the travel agency is sent to Commander.
After you've mapped your travel agency contracts, you'll be able to filter the Reservation Report by Travel agency.