Solution 1: Increase signal area
First, check the current signal strength:
- Press 9 and then the green button on your terminal.
- Enter the PIN code for the Admin menu and press the green button.
- Go to Network > Cellular/gprs > Cellular settings > Signal. The strength is displayed in %.
- Walk around with the terminal and monitor the signal percentage to see if it increases:
- Walk around the area you are in.
- Walk outside to see if the signal strength increases.
- Make sure you are not in an area that could block the signal such as a cellar or a bunker.
If the terminal strength does not increase, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly
- Remove the back cover from the terminal.
- Check whether the SIM card is in the middle slot or inserted incorrectly.
- If there is a noticeable issue, take the SIM card out.
- Insert the SIM card again, and make sure it's inserted as instructed in the terminal's Verifone user manual.
- Contact Mews Support to reactivate the SIM.