Import a blank rooming list from any group reservation, then send it to guests and import it back into Commander so you can:
- Import guest info straight into customer profiles.
- Automatically apply guests' rooming preferences.
Step 1: Download the template
- Find a group reservation (either by searching, or clicking it in the timeline).
- Go to the Group tab.
- In the Rooming list section, click Download.
- A download will start—it's an Excel file which is prefilled with the details of the reservation owner.
Note: Make sure you don't make any changes to the reservation between downloading the template and importing it back into Mews.
Step 2: Fill in the template
Next, you should send the template to someone from the group reservation. When it's sent back to you, make sure it's completed according to the specifications:
- Don't edit anything in columns A-F; these are prefilled.
- Each row contains one guest's details.
- If the Customer identification column is empty, the Email address field will determine the customer profile used.
- If the email address matches a customer profile in Commander, that customer will be assigned the space.
- If the email address doesn't match a customer profile in Commander, a new customer profile will be created with the details on the sheet.
|Confirmation number||The reservation confirmation number.|
|Space category||The space category the guest will stay in.|
|Room||The room the guest will stay in.|
|Arrival date||The guest's arrival date.|
|Departure date||The guest's departure date.|
|Customer identification||A unique code identifying each customer in a reservation group (Note: Don't modify this field, or you might cause errors).|
|The guest's email address.|
|Last name*||The guest's last name (Note: This field is mandatory).|
|First name||The guest's first name.|
|Sex||The guest's sex, as it is listed in their passport.|
|Nationality||The guest's nationality.|
|Birth date||The guest's date of birth. (DD.MM.YYYY).|
|Identity document||The type of identity document the guest has provided (for example, "Driving license" or "Passport").|
|Identity document number||The guest's identity document number (Note: This field is mandatory if the Identity document field is filled in).|
|Identity document country||The country that issued the guest's identity document.|
|Identity document issuing city||The city that issued the guest's identity document.|
|Identity document issue date||The date that the guest's identity document was issued. (DD.MM.YYYY).|
|Identity document expiration||The date that the guest's identity document expires. (DD.MM.YYYY).|
Step 3: Upload the file to Commander
- Find the reservation.
- Go to the Group tab, and find the Rooming list section.
- Click Choose file, then find the updated rooming list and click
- Click Upload.
- The reservation will be updated in Commander.